redirection of profiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• redirection of profiles

Our roaming profiles are hudge and need to be cut down. Firstly I would like to redirect parts of them. Any ideas as to what are the best things to redirect.
    we don't use my documents and tend to have drives mapped with folders for each users name. There seems to be a lot of application data generated as with other stuff.

also how do you stop pc's from saving profiles onto the local drive, our users don't ever go back to the same PC.

Re: redirection of profiles

Originally posted by jonny_2good
    Our roaming profiles are hudge and need to be cut down. Firstly I would like to redirect parts of them. Any ideas as to what are the best things to redirect.
    we don't use my documents and tend to have drives mapped with folders for each users name. There seems to be a lot of application data generated as with other stuff.

also how do you stop pc's from saving profiles onto the local drive, our users don't ever go back to the same PC.
    Well, you have run into the very reason why roaming profiles are a pain - they become huge

There is a setting in the group policies, some thing similar to "Delete cached copies of roaming profiles", sorry cannot recall the exact path.

Comment

ahh got you

thanks for that however seen something else there now.

a policy in templates under user settings called: exclude directories in roaming profiles.

you are to add the directories name relating to the user profiles so that it is stoped being added to the profile. what are these as I can't find them to add the names. I guess this policy helps you exclude parts of the profile which is important to me at present.

any help appreciated.

Comment

Re: ahh got you

Originally posted by jonny_2good
        thanks for that however seen something else there now.

a policy in templates under user settings called: exclude directories in roaming profiles.
        Not familiar first hand with that setting, but here is one related issue: http://support.microsoft.com/default...;Product=WinXP

Comment

Working...
        X