Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email field of user account in active directory in Windows 2003 Server

hi

how can I add multiple email addresses in the general tab of user properties in the active directory on a windows 2003 Server.

Presently by default only one email address is accepted and Windows do not allow me to add multiple addresses. I need this because we are running multiple Linux Based Email servers in our organization.

Thanx

Re: email field of user account in active directory in Windows 2003 Server

You will have to use the 'email addresses' tab within AD users and computers and add additional SMTP addresses. You need to have the exchange admins tools installed on your machine before the tab appears (Unless you use the exchange server which already has the admin tools installed by default)

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Dear Sir

Thanx for the reply

my actual question was that how can I add multiple email addresses in the general tab of user properties in the active directory on a windows 2003 Server.

Presently by default only one email address is accepted and Windows do not allow me to add multiple addresses. I need this because we are running multiple Linux Based Email servers in our organization.

Thanking in anticipation

Comment

How to add users to Linux email server.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

OTTOMH I dont think you can without editing the schema (or using exchange)
          However, there is a notes field (in phone tab) where you can add any information you like.

Tom
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I agree, there is no way without editing the schema.
            But under the E-mail there is the Web page field. You probably don't need it, so use it for additional email accounts.
            Attached Files
            Regards,
            Csaba Papp
            MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
            Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

So what is wrong with adding the addresses on the e-mail addresses tab? This is where you add the different types and addresses.
              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
              http://www.wintra.co.il/
              sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

No Exchange!
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Aha!
                  Well he doesn't deserve an answer then
                  TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                  http://www.wintra.co.il/
                  sigpic
                  Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi What exactly does the Email field in the General tab do, is this only used for display purposes. ie. I mean its not the actual SMTP address so does it have any function other than maybe it could be used in a search for a user.

Comment

Unless you are using Exchange (when you get an "email addresses" tab, the email field is purely for information / searching. Thats why we've suggested using other fields instead for multiple email addresses.

Tom
                      Tom Jones
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

Comment

Working...
                      X