Windows XP advanced search features

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP advanced search features

I want to shut off all of the advanced search features in Windows XP using Group Policy, but I can not find the settings. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

What do you mean by "advanced search features" ?
    Are you aware that any user can use command line tools to search the AD (given the fakt that he has List/Read permissions on the target object ?

What are you trying to accompish ?
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Search

I am talking about the Start>Search>Files and Folders. The XP look, I want to get ride of the advanced features and the Dog using Global Policies. I want search to be user friendly, like it was in past versions of Windows.

Comment

You want to revert to the old style search then... Correct?
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Search

That is correct. I don't want to have to set this for each individual user or computer, I would like to set a group policy and for all users and computers.

Comment

Re: Search

Originally posted by scott
            That is correct. I don't want to have to set this for each individual user or computer, I would like to set a group policy and for all users and computers.
            Set a logon script in the GPO to set the following reg value:

Code:
            REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState]
            "Use Search Asst"="no"
            or import this .reg key.

Get it here.
            Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X