Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose which server users authenticate against

Hi

I have two DC's one in the UK the other in the US. I have noticed in my firewall logs that users in the UK are authenticating against the US DC.

Does anyone know how I can determine which DC the users (OU) use to authenticate when they log on?

Thanks

Jon

Re: Choose which server users authenticate against

Are the DC's in differnet sites (Active Directory Sites and Services). i.e. Do you have a UK site and a US site?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi

They are in the same site

Comment

Check this out:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...tep/adsrv.mspx

workstations will authenticate with DC's in their site. Since all your DC's are in the same site then the workstations can choose any DC to authenticate against (Including your US DC).

Your best of creating two sites, one for UK and one for US and place the DC's in the corresponding site. This could also help reduce your bandwith utilization.

Hope this helps

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Michael

Thank you very much

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Jonallen
            Michael

Thank you very much

Jon
            Always a pleasure, never a chore

Michael
            Michael Armstrong
            www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X