I dont shot down client computer in permission domain users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont shot down client computer in permission domain users

Hello, I have user right domain users in domain. I dont shot down client computer. I see just log off
    How can I shot down client computer in permission domain users?

Re: I dont shot down client computer in permission domain users

If I understand you correctly, you want permission for Domain Users to shut down the client but they can only see the log-off option.

This will be set in Group Policy, so you will need to (as a Domain Administrator) change the GP settings to enable the shut down button.

If you are not a domain administrator, you will need to ask someone who it, but I assume they have their reasons why logoff is disabled.

Tom

PS. I would remind you that any client computers that are shot down must be covered by an appropriate hunting license, available from your local wildlife warden. Licenses are issued by processor type and it is still an offence to shoot a PIII when your license covers P4's. The status of dual core licenses is still in doubt. AMDs can still be shot without licenses at weekends only.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

How can I configure group policy for shot down? (for domain users)

Comment

A lot depends on where the policy is (at Domain or OU level)

Basically, locate the policy in Active Directory Users and Computers

Use one of the links here to change the appropriate entry

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I want domain users group can shut down. I would like see shut down button

Comment

As I said in my previous posts, you will need to change group policy to show the shutdown button.

The exact policy to change will depend on YOUR domain setup. As an administrator you will, of course, be familiar with this.

The changes to make are given in the links I gave you.

Tom
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
              PS. I would remind you that any client computers that are shot down must be covered by an appropriate hunting license, available from your local wildlife warden. Licenses are issued by processor type and it is still an offence to shoot a PIII when your license covers P4's. The status of dual core licenses is still in doubt. AMDs can still be shot without licenses at weekends only.
              ROFLMAO
              Guy Teverovsky
              "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Too many single malt??? Very funny Tom, THANKS!!
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

As you are not aware which group policy is causing the policy enforcement, you can either run the command line tool gpresult /v or run rsop.msc on a XP client

Pipe the gpresult /v> gpresult.txt and send it to me and I will be happy to take a look at it

Comment

I hear you can no longer get a P1 license. They're now considered endangered, along with 286 through 486, and if you're caught poaching the fines are pretty hefty.
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I still have a C64 license to kill somewhere. Oh that Turbo button on the expansion card! Those were the good ol' days of Blue Max, Zaxxon, Commado, King Quest and others...
                      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
                      X