Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• server 2003 help

Hello Guys!

I Have Problem With Server 2003, That Is Dc + Ad Integrated Dns.
    Every Evening After 5:00 Pm Client Pc's Hangs Up. I Checked Event Viewer Nothing Info There. Once I Have Deleted Dns Server On It And Reinstalled It Making New Zones, It Helped For A While But Same Happened Again. Now It Is Frustating.
    When I Check Server It Is Working But Cleint Pc Hangs. At Nslookup Server Information Doesn't Comes Up.

Is It Possible That Client Pc's (laptop With Win Xp Pro) Tries To Connect Some Other Domain In Evening.

What Is Correct Configuration For Dns Server.

Thanks In Advance

Sandro

Re: server 2003 help

Hello ,

Try install windows support tools on one of your workstation and run netdiag.
    Are your client pcs pointing to the correct DNS server? In AD they need this to find DCs.
    Are your clients registered in dns. Isuppose you use secure updates, using ad integrated dns.
    How are your client pcs hanging? Name resolution ?at logon?
    Regards,
    Calin
    Regards,
    Calin Irimies

Comment

I Tried That Utility But Client Pc's Hangs On While Opening Shares On Server. It Was Working Very Fine For Last 2 Years But Now Creating Problem. If Clients Hangs Server Is Still Working.

Can U Explain When U Try To Add Zones What Is _msdcs.mydoainname.local.

I Used To Get Id 4004 So Deleted Records And Reinstalled Dns And Configured Zone But This _msdcs.mydoainname.local Didn't Exist Again.
      Only Thing That Exists Is Mydoaminname.local

Comment

I Forgot To Tell That All Cleints Have Srv Records On Server

Comment

Hello ,

_msdcs.domain.local in forward lookup zones is a zone containing SRV record for services which clients need to locate dc,gc for Active Directory.
          If this zone is missing your clients will have problems logging to AD, querying GC and other services in AD.
          You could recreate the zone in forward lookup zones in DNS console.
          Stop the netlogon and dns service, rename netlogon.dns and netlogon.dnb which are located in in system32\config, start netlogon and dns services.
          Run ipconfig /flushdns and /registerdns.
          Then reopen dns console and verify that under _msdcs zone dc,domains,gc,pdc files are there and SRV records for your dcs are also there.

Regards,
          Calin
          Regards,
          Calin Irimies

Comment

ok thanks for help, i will try tommorow and see if it helps

Comment

Hi again!

i tried the method explained by u but it did'nt helped.
              Any more suggestions i can try?

Comment

Originally posted by sandro
                Every Evening After 5:00 Pm Client Pc's Hangs Up.
                what do you mean by "hangs up"?

Originally posted by sandro
                When I Check Server It Is Working But Cleint Pc Hangs. At Nslookup Server Information Doesn't Comes Up.
                where are you runnig nslookup? on the client?
                what does the ipconfig -all output show on the client?
                Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Hi Chris

client's pc's are unable to access shares on server. Client pc just hangs if user try to access their shares on server. They need to switch off pc and server, after restarting both than they work for a while and this happens number oftimes during evening.

Comment

there must be something happening at those specific times that are causing your issues.

do you have any scheduled tasks running??

do you have cleaners/people in the building that may be un-plugging something?? Strange though it may seem it does happen.

Comment

when this happens...

can you ping the server from the clients?
                      can you reach other network resources?
                      are the shares still available on the server itself?
                      can you reach the shares using the IP of the server instead of its name?
                      what does the ipconfig -all output of the client look like?
                      Yesterday we stood at the edge of the abyss. Today we are a step further...

Comment

Working...
                      X