Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win2k ad and Win2k3 ad co exit in same network?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2k ad and Win2k3 ad co exit in same network?

I have win2k3 ad in private net. It is for abc.com domain and it is running fine. I need to implement adc for gef.com and hij.com domain. I have only win2k server license. The question here is when I install win2k ad, should I choose existing forest or new forest with the first ad server? It is going to install in the same network. Can give trouble to the existing win2k3 ad (abc.com) domain?

Re: Win2k ad and Win2k3 ad co exit in same network?

Originally posted by exit
    I have win2k3 ad in private net. It is for abc.com domain and it is running fine. I need to implement adc for gef.com and hij.com domain. I have only win2k server license. The question here is when I install win2k ad, should I choose existing forest or new forest with the first ad server? It is going to install in the same network. Can give trouble to the existing win2k3 ad (abc.com) domain?
    What forest functional level is the Win2k3 AD running in? You may not install Win2k AD servers in a 2003 native or 2003 interim forest functional level forest. Your forest functional level for the 2k3 forest would need to be running in Windows 2000 mixed mode.

See http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true for further clarification.
    Last edited by jasonboche; 12th June 2006, 18:31.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

If i'm reading correctly you are implementing 2 new domains

def.com
      ghi.com

Are you implementing these as child domains of abc.com??

If not then it will be a new forest for each install.

Comment

Thanks for replies. The two new domain will not be part of abc.com. I want it to be totally separate because I do not have additional license for win2k3. Before I install, I just want to make sure, the new forest install does not affect the existing win2k3 ad forest. My only concern here is I am going to install in the same LAN subnet. I had experience with browser master election problem when it was in Win NT4 PDCs.

Thanks
        Last edited by exit; 12th June 2006, 18:54.

Comment

Originally posted by exit
          Thanks for replies. The two new domain will not be part of abc.com. I want it to be totally separate because I do not have additional license for win2k3. Before I install, I just want to make sure, the new forest install does not affect the existing win2k3 ad forest. My only concern here is I am going to install in the same LAN subnet. I had experience with browser master election problem when it was in Win NT4 PDCs.

Thanks
          You shouldn't experience any problems running 3 domains on the same subnet

Comment

Sorry about that. I read that he wanted to install the Win2k domains in the existing forest.
            VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
            boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
            My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
            X