Delegate Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delegate Control

I am trying to set up and administrative group to delegate the creation/deletion of user accounts. I have installed the server 2003 Admin pak on the users PC to whom delegation has been assigned. They are using Windows XP Pro SP2. Accounts can be created fine except an exchange mailbox is not created. What permission do I need to assign to the security group I have created to enable the simultaneous creation of a new user account and a mailbox. I am apply the permissions on the OU through the delegate control wizard. It's very frustrating!!

Re: Delegate Control

Exchange System Management Tools needs to be installed.

How can I manage my Exchange 2003 server from a Windows XP/2000/2003 workstation?

What to consider when you install Exchange System Management Tools on Windows XP

I believe once the tools are installed and you create a new user in AD, somewhere in the user creation process it will now ask you if you wish to set up a mailbox for them.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for that, it has worked except the mailbox store field is blank and I can't enter the information needed into the field. Am I missing a permission for the group?

Comment

Delegate the Exchange Administrator role to your security group.
        http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;823018
        Regards,
        Csaba Papp
        MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
        Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Delegating the exchange view only admin role is also works.
          This role is more restrictive and it is enough for what you need.
          Regards,
          Csaba Papp
          MCSA+messaging, MCSE, CCNA
          Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate

Comment

Working...
          X