Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password migration - 2k3 to 2k3

Hi.

I am trying to migrate users from one Win2k3 domain to another Win2k3 domain using ADMT 3.0. The user migration works fine..I can see the users in the target domain but the passwords(simple as well as complex) dont work..is this an issue with v3 of ADMT.

I notice that my source domain is in Windows 2000 native mode and the target domain is running in Windows 2003 functional mode. Could this be a problem? If yes and I change my source domain to Win2k3 mode what will be the effect?

What can be the other possible source of error for this to not work..can admt 3.0 migrate complex passwords..?

Any help is appreciated !!

Re: Password migration - 2k3 to 2k3

Hi, please see:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326480
    See the section titled To install the password migration DLL: Does this solve the problem?

Maybe this article would help also?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;832221
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Jason..all this is done step by step..cant see the passwords migrate

Some other findings:
      1. Source DC does not has Win2k3 SP1, target DC has 2k3 SP1
      2. I am running ADMT console from target domain

Has anyone tested it to work?

Techie

Comment

Are you trying to migrate passwords for already existing target objects or are you doing it in one-shot ?
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Hello,

The target objects dont exist, as i have stated earlier I can see the users migrated in the target domain but the passwords do not work , I have to reset the passwords in the target domain

Techie

Comment

Ok, the problem is resolved now.. The problem was as below;

There were 2 Dc's in the target domain, users were being replicated to say DC02 using ADMT and once they replicated to DC01, 'User must change password at next logon' is checked on DC01... This prevented the users from logging onto an SSO enabled application whch was authenticating from DC01 . This is the way I was testing..

If I had tested using a machine and logging onto it..there would be no problem since I would have being prompted for changing the password.

Now the question is why would replicating the user object to another DC cause this property to change..Any guesses??

Techie

Comment

Working...
            X