ad problems after upgrade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ad problems after upgrade

I upgraded 2 servers to 2003, there by updating the domain from mixed to native 2003. I have several problems
    1. My smb clients (mas osx) cant connect. i am told to disable the "digitally sign everytime" from the dc sec policy, but that hasnt helped.
    2. I get 1030/1058 errors. One of the ms pages said you have to have dfs enabled. is this soemthing that should be done on every domain, or just domains where dfs is implemented. Is 2003 automatically dfs?
    3. after the upgrade, all my ad snapins and domain security snapins were missing fromt he admin tools on the schema master. they were there, now they are not. what could cause this?

Re: ad problems after upgrade

check this article
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=842804

Comment

Originally posted by flashy
      I upgraded 2 servers to 2003, there by updating the domain from mixed to native 2003. I have several problems
      1. My smb clients (mas osx) cant connect. i am told to disable the "digitally sign everytime" from the dc sec policy, but that hasnt helped.
      Just a wild guess here - do you have the "store passwords using reversable encryption" configured for your MAC users? Have you tried that? That attribute is geared towards MAC clients.

2. I get 1030/1058 errors. One of the ms pages said you have to have dfs enabled. is this soemthing that should be done on every domain, or just domains where dfs is implemented. Is 2003 automatically dfs?
      I'm not sure on this one off the top of my head and I need to go into a meeting shortly. For quick hits on your event IDs, you might try http://www.eventid.net/

3. after the upgrade, all my ad snapins and domain security snapins were missing fromt he admin tools on the schema master. they were there, now they are not. what could cause this?
      If you had custom built MMCs built, perhaps Microsoft changed the classids for the snapins. I would just rebuild the MMC with the new/correct snapins for 2003 and move on to your other problems which are more important.
      VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
      boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
      My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

You can install the tools form Windwos 2003 server CD
        support\toos\suptools.msi

Comment

Thanks, I did, and that is where I got the "start dfs services".

Comment

thanks Jason, I will try the password reverible encryption.

Thanks Thyagu. i will run the dfsutil and see how it goes.
            I found that dfs was actually disabled. would taht have been a source of problems?

Comment

Working...
            X