Can't connect to GC after adding new W2K3 DC in AD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't connect to GC after adding new W2K3 DC in AD

Could you please help me: we had AD w2k native mode with 5 DC. needed to instal w2K3 DC in the same forest, done all AD prep, everything was fine for a week, until we promote our W2K3 server to DC.
    Now no one can logon, the error looks like with DNS - none of DC can see GC now, although 2 GC servers see themselves as GC.
    I've got to fix it urgently, and already spent hours looking for solution.
    Please if you can give me a hint where to look. it'll be much appreciated...
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

what do dcdiag and netdiag have to say ?
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Well, we have now returned things to the state they were “before” – just couldn’t afford more downtime. We decided to take W2K3 DC off the network, (to demote it didn’t work with the same error message about GC not being available), manually deleted object from AD, cleaned AD after that - and we’ve got all systems back, including Exchange (this one took more efforts). I would say – this was a scary experience indeed…
      So now we are – back to the beginning: we’ve got W2K native forest with 3 domains and we’ve got to get W2K3 domain controller in it. Only I’d like to find out first – what went wrong and how not to make it happened again
      Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Comment

Working...
      X