Printer Server printer publishing problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Server printer publishing problem

I'm running Windows 2003 SP1. I'm using a member server to become the print server, moving it off the DC. The problem I'm having is that shared printers aren't getting published. The strange part is it worked for the first 2 printers added but now any additional printers aren't being published. If I create the printer on the DC it gets published instantly.

I enabled the allow printers to be published and automatically publish printers in AD via gpedit on the member server, but still doesn't work.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    B

Re: Printer Server printer publishing problem

In the printer Properties, Sharing tab, is List in the directory option ticked?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: Printer Server printer publishing problem

Yes it is. Ok so I enabled local computer policies for printers, still nothing. I decide to stop sharing all the printers and spool share and re-share the printers. Now none of the printers are listed. I stop and restart the print spooler for some reason. I compare permissions settings to that on the spool\drivers share on the DC. Noticed only difference is everyone isn't there. I add the everyone group and bam they show up.

Ok, so I say let's try to re-create the problem so I remove the everyone group, stop sharing the printers and their gone, good. I re-share the printers and now come back. What the?!?! Damn so now all settings are back to where they were when it wasn't working, and now it is working. That is really annoying. I'm telling myself that maybe stopping and re-starting the print spooler service fixed the issue.

B

Comment

Working...
      X