No announcement yet.

Windows 98 in 2003 AD

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 98 in 2003 AD

Hi all

This is my issue. I have a native mode Windows 2000 AD domain that I'm upgrading to 2003 AD. I've prepped the forest and the domain with no issues. The moment I upgrade a Windows 2003 member server to a DC my Windows 98 clients can no longer in to the domain. I get a message that the password os incorrect or access to logon server has been denied. I've installed the DSClient Update re Q323466 and installed IE 6.0 SP1 as well turned off SMB signing on the DC's via the GPO. I configured NTLM signing on the Win98 PC via the registry. The moment I DCPROMO the 2003 server back to a member server the error disappeared.

Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve this issue? The Win98 machine is a Windows 98 2nd edition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

any chance that the 98 clients you are trying to logon to are banging on the new DC's door ?
    I would try to get a network trace of what is going on.
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Thanks Guy

I've not done a network trace but the fact the Win98 clients were able to login once the W2003 DC was removed leads me to belive that they were banging on it's door.

I've done everything that was supposed to be done to enable it and still no luck. Any help is appreciated