Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after Demoting DC

hi there

we have recently demoted a Windows 2000 DC back to a member server. Since running DCPROMO, the Control Panel either takes an age to open ( 20 minutes ) or goes to "not responding" and you are unable to use it.

I have checked the event logs and nothing is there of any use. Does anyone have any ideas of where I should start looking to resolve this?

FJ

Re: Problems after Demoting DC

You might need to change the TCP/IP DNS settings to point to working DNS server.

Comment

thanks for reply. The server is pointing to the correct DNS now, they have rebooted and the problem still exists.

I have noticed two APC services that are "starting". not sure if that would affect it.

FJ

Comment

The services which are taking ages to start could be a strong factor.

They are most probably trying to start with the credentials of a user on the domain. Try clearing up those services which take ages to start up and see what happens then.

Comment

hi there

cracked it. I have set the services to manual. ( had to complete this via a registry hack ) restarted the server and now it responds correctly. It seems the APC Powerchute software was the problem, something to do with the JAVA cert expiring.

Anyway here is a link to the blog that I found http://emea-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/emea_...p?p_faqid=7202

thanks to everyone that posted...

FJ

Comment

Working...
          X