No announcement yet.

Best Practices for AD and Windows Environment

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Practices for AD and Windows Environment

Hello Everyone,

I need to create a document having the best practices for AD containing best practices for DNS, DHCP, AD Structure, Group Policy, Trust Etc.

I just need the best practices irrespective of what is implemented in our company.

I just need to create a document for analysis as of now. I searched over the internet but could not find much. I would request you all to pour in your suggestions from where i can find those.

If anyone could send me or point me the link. I am pretty new to the technology, so need your help.

Thanks in Advance

Re: Best Practices for AD and Windows Environment

There is no single "best practice" for AD - it depends on far too many factors.
    For example, a small business network on one site, with hosted email, is totally different from a global network spanning many locations with internal LoB applications requiring AD schema customisation.

If you give us some idea about your environment, and ask specific questions, you will get some help, but until then the best I can do is refer you to the "not much" (7.6 million not muches) on
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Best Practices for AD and Windows Environment

Totally agree with Tom.

However, you may want to check out this script that quickly documents an AD environment and points you at items that require more scrutiny.

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond