Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

synchro problems with child domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • synchro problems with child domain

    Hi all,

    I guess this is the right place to ask this.

    This is the problem that i am encountering now.
    I have a forest with one domain at the top and 6 child domains.
    Each child domain has at least 2 sites.
    Each site has 2 DC (W2K8R2) and 1 or 2 file servers.
    All servers are virtual machines that have been cloned from a template. We do a sysprep every time we add a machine.
    We have added a W2012 machine in the top of the forest domain for tests purposes.

    This is the situation as it should be.

    A few weeks ago, we started to have an issue in one of the sites. The servers did not finish their “transformation” into global catalog. (event IDs 1559, 1578, 1110 and 1809).
    Since then, I am facing more and more problems in all sites.

    It took me a long time to find out that the problem is PROBABLY caused by one of the child domain that stopped synchronizing with the rest of the forest.

    I am now faced with one of the A.D. which has not synched with the rest of the forest for quite a long time, the D.C. password has probably not been reset correctly, and I cannot afford to have the domain recreated (error 5722).

    I tried to look at http://support2.microsoft.com/?kbid=810977
    But cannot make it work (on step 5, I get a message that it cannot load the values for all the attributes. Error code 0x2121).

    I am stuck and wondering if anyone could help me.

    How can I force the D.C. to be synced with the rest of the forest?


    Thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Re: synchro problems with child domain

    Originally posted by StilFari
    I am now faced with one of the A.D. which has not synched with the rest of the forest for quite a long time,
    What do you consider to be quite a long time? This is a relevant question because your DC may be tombstoned if it is long enough. If this has happened it can be "untombstoned".

    Have you tried a manual sync through Sites and Services? (Have I got the right place? Memory is a bit dodgy right now )
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: synchro problems with child domain

      Hi biggles77,

      I would say at least since November when we installed the W2012 DC.

      I tried to manually sync (from the child domain), but i get an "access denied".

      If i try to "replicate configuration TO the selected DC" from the top of the forest DC, I get:
      the following error occurred during the attempt to synch naming context CN=Configuration,DC=Domain_Name,DC=local from DC top_of_the_forest_DC to DC child_domain_DC:
      an invalid parameter was specified for this replication operation


      If I try to "replicate configuration FROM the selected DC", i get:
      the replication operation failed because of a schema mismatch between the servers involved.

      When I check the list of sites between the 2 servers, i am missing quite a few in the child domain.

      Comment

      Working...
      X