Printer restriction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer restriction?

Can I allow all staff users access to a,printer yet restrict certain users in that group from printing? I thought I could just create another group put the users in that group that I want to deny printing to and set that to deny but in that case that user can still print. Basicaly they want to be able to block specific users from printing

Re: Printer restriction?

Deny print permission should over-ride an allow at all times - I would re-check how you have set up your permissions
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yea thats what I thought, I'm testing it with just my account on a printer here. I'm in an staff group that has it set to allow. I created another group put my account there and set that for deny. It even popped up with a message saying the deny would take precedence yet I can still print. My account isn't even a domain admin or anything like that

Comment

Have you either logged off/on again or given enough time for the group membership to propagate to your account?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yea that was it, just needed a log off and back on, got too far ahead of myself, thanks

Comment

Working...
          X