Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deny any user to login to any work station

Dear Support,

I am looking for a way to deny any user to login to any PC in our domain, in this regard what is the best practice /approach

Please guide

Re: Deny any user to login to any work station

Disabling the user account would probably do the trick, although I think this is not quite what you want.

Do you mean "allow a user to log onto a machine, but not to any other"? If so, look at the user account properties and the restrict logon to option

If you mean something else, please can you explain a bit more clearly
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I found a way while doing google search on internet which tells me in order to have above it is required to do below settings in

- gpedit.msc > local computer configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > deny log on locally and add the account whom you don't want to log in to system

and this to be done in every system , is this correct ?

I am trying to have like not every user should be able to login to any other system in office where system is member of our domain and user is member of 'domain users'

Please let me know if I am still not clear

Comment

You can use Group Policy to push that setting to multiple computers.

I would not use the Domain Users group as that will deny every account, even administrator accounts. I would create a new group and add users to it that you want to deny the local logon and use that group in the policy configuration.
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Can you please explain in more detail what you are trying to do - it is now sounding as if you want to disable local accounts but allow domain ones?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X