Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assign an ip

hi
    How can assign an ip to a shard folder, it means the user only can connect to shard folder from satisfied ip
    tanks

Re: assign an ip

Only way I can think is to
    a) Assign folder permissions to one user only
    b) Set user account to only log on from one PC
    c) Set that PC to the IP you want

Take a step back and ask yourself what you are trying to do and why - let us know the business case and maybe better answers will come up
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by farahmand View Post
      hi
      How can assign an ip to a shard folder, it means the user only can connect to shard folder from satisfied ip
      tanks
      Don't understand your question.

There is no point in creating a shared folder if you don't share it to multiple users. Save the folder locally or do a rdp to that machine will do. (Permissions still applies)

Comment

I explained the task on exchange forum as fallows
        I have 2 separate problem
        1. I have a file server on 2008r2 and I want limit user to connect to file server only from one ip for security issue
        2. And I have set an exchange server 2010 and I want know is there any configuration or feature to limit user to connect to his or her account from only one ip in my lan the reason is security issue too
        More information is every person has own share folder on the file server that has partitioned to him, but I want limit him that he can connect only from his office and only from his ip that assigned to his computer this is only for security missuses

tanks

Comment

Suggest you then use static IPs (or DHCP reservations) on the clients and the setting in user properties to limit the user to only logging on to one specific PC

IMHO though, it seems overkill - normally admins rely on user authentication and let them use any computer
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X