AD LDS Replication Failing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD LDS Replication Failing

Hi All, Thanks in advance for any help or attempt to help.

I am having trouble creating a dual-master replica instance of an AD LDS partition. I have created replicas before, so I know what to do when everything works, but this one is failing and the environment is slightly different than I have had in the past. I have only performed ADLDS instance replication on 2 separate, domain-joined 2008 R2 servers, using credentials of a domain admin account. This environment is different:

Environment:
    • 2 Win7 ultimate machines (not virtual), each with AD LDS feature added.
    • Both Machines are standalone (non-domain, workgroup)
    • Each machine has a local admin account only.
    • Machine A
      • ADLDS instance 'InstanceA'
      • partion 'dc=part'
      • port 6000 (ssl 6001)
      • The local admin account, 'Admin-A' is added as a member of the administrators role in the partition
    • Machine B is intended to have a replica instance installed on it

My procedure:

I log into Machine B with local admin, 'Admin-B' and start the AD LDS Setup Wizard.

I choose 'A replica of an existing instance'

I name the instance 'ReplicaOfInstanceA'

i set the desired ports as 6000 and ssl 6001

For 'Joining a Configuration Set' I enter in the values for InstanceA on MachineA. I have tried using the IP address and selecting it by browsing the Network, both produce the same results. Port is 6000

For 'Admin credentials on the Configuration Set' I use the credentials of MachineA\Admin-A

It appears to successfullfy connect, because it then asks me to choose the Active directory partition. The list only contains the one partition, 'dc=part'. I check this and continue.

I use defaule File Locations.

I choose Network Service Account for permissions

For AD LDS Amins, i choose the currently logged in user (MachineB\Admin-B)

I run the install and it fails with the following error:

Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services could not create the NTDS Settings object for this Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services instance CN=NTDS Settings,CN=MACHINEB$ReplicaOfInstanceA,CN=Servers ,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,CN={9076F6D9-6231-495B-3963-3625970GEG40} on the remote AD LDS instance MACHINEA:6000. Ensure the provided network credentials have sufficient permissions.
    Error code: 0x800706ec
    The list of RPC servers available for the binding of auto handles has been exhausted.
    Last edited by Conack; 2nd October 2014, 15:03.

Re: AD LDS Replication Failing

Originally posted by Conack View Post

I use defaule File Locations.

I choose Network Service Account for permissions

Ensure the provided network credentials have sufficient permissions.
    Error code: 0x800706ec
    edited for brevity. I wonder if the part in red is your issue?
    I don't specifically know what you're working through, but perhaps you need to tell it to use admin-A or admin-B?

(also, perhaps you need to pre-stage "computerb\admin-b" in the directory?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
    X