X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delegation of control

hello
    delegation of control
    I have a user with account operator privilege, I gave him delegation of control to modify membership of the group for a specific ou. however when he tries to modify administrators group of one computer on that ou, he gets a message with access denied. is there a way to give access to a user to modify the admin group of all computers in a specific ou.
    I appreciate your help

Re: delegation of control

If I'm not mistaken, Delegation of Control proffers the ability to modify objects in AD, not local objects on the computers in AD.

You'll probably need to add the user to the local Administrators group, which can be done with Group Policy.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      If I'm not mistaken, Delegation of Control proffers the ability to modify objects in AD, not local objects on the computers in AD.

You'll probably need to add the user to the local Administrators group, which can be done with Group Policy.
      hello joeqwerty
      Is there a way to give access to the account operator other than using delegation of control?, so he will be able to modify admin group membership of computers in a certain OU.
      thanks

Comment

Group Policy and "Restricted Groups", then add the user to the local admins group for the OU containing the computers

Be careful as you can either remove all members except the specified, or add the specified to existing members - see http://www.msresource.net/paulw/grou...ed_groups.html
        and use "Member Of"

Remember once they have added other local admins, the new ones can add / remove anyone they like!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X