AD domain question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD domain question

We are starting a new campus with new name, what type of AD setup should we use? The same people will be administering it. And users at the new site will be connecting and mapping to our file and print services. Any suggestions on which direction I go?

The environment is Win2k8/Win2k8 r2 functionality level is 2003 native w/ exchange 2010 sp3 and two domain controllers both are GCs.

thanks,
    -d

Re: AD domain question

I would suggest you have no particular need for a new domain?
    Could you advise on what additional benefits you might get, or how it would help the business ?

(not saying you shouldn't necessarily, just trying to determine whether it's definitely necessry)
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      I would suggest you have no particular need for a new domain?
      Could you advise on what additional benefits you might get, or how it would help the business ?

(not saying you shouldn't necessarily, just trying to determine whether it's definitely necessry)
      Not 100% sure, especially since the folks at the new site will be using all of our resources. My thought was to just make aliases' or see if I can add another domain in exchange with the email address of the "new" campus and call it good. This way their business cards, website, etc are showing the new domain but when they login they just do it like everyone else.

Comment

If it is just for email addresses, handle it all in Exchange using "Accepted Domains" and "Address Policies"

A new AD domain is a major undertaking!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          If it is just for email addresses, handle it all in Exchange using "Accepted Domains" and "Address Policies"

Thank you, that was the vibe I am getting from reading the 70-647 book. Think I'll keep reading it.

-d

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post

Thank you for the assist. Made an OU for the new users then added the new domain and an address policy for it pointing to the new OU and looks like we are good to go.

-d

Comment

yo ushould probably look at setting up "Sites and Services" accurately as well
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
              X