Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

domain controller (roles master) date jumped one month forward - no replication works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain controller (roles master) date jumped one month forward - no replication works

yes I did, time is now again in sync
    Last edited by kaathepython; 25th April 2014, 13:43. Reason: quick reply didn't work as expected

Re: domain controller (roles master) date jumped one month forward - no replication w

Did you correct the date?

Comment

Re: domain controller (roles master) date jumped one month forward - no replication w

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Did you correct the date?
      yes I did
      on the dc wich did time trevel repadmin /showvector /latency now shows:

Default-First-Site-Name\SRV-FILE1 @ USN 11733355 @ Time 2014-04-25 15:03:08
      Default-First-Site-Name\SRV-MSG1 @ USN 11488838 @ Time 2014-04-25 15:03:12
      Default-First-Site-Name\SRV-DC0 @ USN 3616857 @ Time 2014-04-25 15:32:52

on two others - as in my first message - 31st of May for srv-dc0

Comment

You still appear to be 30 minutes out between the DC and the other 2 - well outside the 5 minutes maximum skew

Where are the computers getting their time from?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          You still appear to be 30 minutes out between the DC and the other 2 - well outside the 5 minutes maximum skew

Where are the computers getting their time from?
          why you say so?
          they ntp sync to same cisco router and at the moment I see exactly the same time on them via open rdp sessions

repadmin shows last successful sync datetime as far as I understand...

Comment

now I've restarted srv-dc0 and run repadmin /syncall on all three dc
            srv-dc0 repadmin /showvector /latency shows:

Default-First-Site-Name\SRV-MSG1 @ USN 11489465 @ Time 2014-04-25 16:50:21
            Default-First-Site-Name\SRV-FILE1 @ USN 11734171 @ Time 2014-04-25 16:50:25
            Default-First-Site-Name\SRV-DC0 @ USN 3617189 @ Time 2014-04-25 17:10:56

while srv-msg1 and srv-file1:

Default-First-Site-Name\SRV-DC0 @ USN 3576249 @ Time 2014-04-15 10:04:52
            Default-First-Site-Name\SRV-MSG1 @ USN 11489580 @ Time 2014-04-25 17:09:16
            Default-First-Site-Name\SRV-FILE1 @ USN 11734331 @ Time 2014-04-25 17:09:29

Comment

Originally posted by kaathepython View Post
              why you say so?
              they ntp sync to same cisco router and at the moment I see exactly the same time on them via open rdp sessions

repadmin shows last successful sync datetime as far as I understand...
              I think I was looking at your post without thinking and saw the different times. I believe you are completely correct, and it is the last sync time.

Note Microsoft prefer only the PDC emulator syncs from an external time source and all others sync from the emulator
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

nevermind.

there were too many symptoms...
                I did
                dcpromo /forcedemote
                seize roles
                metadata cleanup
                introduced server back to domain and voila - everyone is happy again

thanks for your time

Comment

Working...
                X