Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Active Directory Steps for openLDAP command

Dear Gents

I need to integrate OFSAA application with Microsoft AD; However in the OFSAA guide steps for only openLDAP is given and It is written there for other LDAPs do the same steps appropriately

These are the steps:

1. Copy the reveleusSchema.schema from <Infrastructure Installation Directory> /ficapp/common/FICServer/conf/LDAP_LDIF folder to LDAPServer Schema folder.

2. Copy the Domains.ldif and Reveleus.ldif files from <Infrastructure Installation Directory>/ficapp/common/FICServer/conf/LDAP_LDIF folder to OpenLDAPServer folder.

NOTE: Make sure that the ROOTCONTEXT in the Domains.ldif and Reveleus.ldif files are the same as slapd.conf file.

3. Provide the appropriate entries for rootdn, rootpass, and rootcontext in slapd.conf file in the OpenLDAPServer folder.

4. Add the text “include schema/reveleusSchema.schema” as the first line of the slapd.conf file

NOTE: The above steps of the configuration are for OpenLDAP Server only. If you need to configure Infrastructure for any other LDAP Server, you will have to make the changes appropriately.

5. In the command prompt, navigate to the LDAP installation directory and execute the command “ldapadd –D”ROOTDN” -w ROOTPASS –f/data/Reveleus.ldif”

Can you guide me step wise that how i can perform these steps for Microsoft AD ? I am very new to AD

Thanks in advance

Regards

Re: Microsoft Active Directory Steps for openLDAP command

Not having any idea what you are referring to pretty much explains the lack of response to this.

I would presume it is something from the Oracle Financial Services Analytical applications??

If so then why on earth have you not contacted Oracle support for help.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26650_01/homepage.htm

Comment

From the instructions it seems you need to extend the directory schema (a quick peek at these ".schema" files should confirm that). That is certainly possible to do with AD.

I agree with wullieb1, contact Oracle support. These applications cost a fortune, so surely Oracle should be able to provide detailed instructions on how to extend the schema in an AD environment?

(And I really mean "surely they should", because Oracle isn't widely known for its high-quality support, to put it mildly.)

Comment

Ok, I'm guessing here. So don't follow my instructions without testing it in a development environment.

I DON'T KNOW THIS SOFTWARE OR YOUR ENVIRONMENT
        FOLLOWING MY INSTRUCTIONS WITHOUT TESTING MAY IRREVOCABLY DAMAGE YOUR ENVIRONMENT

review and edit the files it refers to in steps 1 2 and 3 and make it relevant to your network.

for step5,
        i suspect you need to use LDIFDE on the windows server to import the file into your Active Directory.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X