Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Backups(Backup Exec 2010)

Hi All,

I was hoping to get some help with my issues with my backups.

Running Backup Exec 2010

I have recently joined my backup server onto my domain.
    I was not the one setting up the system and I do not know why they would keep the server backing up the entire system off the domain. I would think there would be credential issues all over. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Instead, now that i have added it to the domain, I am having an important credential issue that I am not to sure how to troubleshoot.

First i want to say that the backup server, when off the network, was named to trick the domain - (in other words) "Domain/sloppy"

instead of using sloppy username , from the domain.

So here's the Issue:
    In the properties of a backup job, under Source>Resource Credentials, There is a resource simply named *
    The * has a server icon beside it. Under that is a Drive icon with a * beside it.
    Under those resources are the actual resources i have selected in Source>Selections.
    On the * Resources, I fail my credential test with the error "A Communication Error has occurred.
    On my actual Selections, I can use an actual Domain log in to successfully test the connection/credentials.
    However I don't know how to deselect the * Resources, or alternatively i don't know where to point to the credentials.

4 out of my 5 backup jobs have this problem.
    This causes my backups to error before starting.

Any and all advice and opinions are welcome and appreciated!
    Thank you
    Standard

Re: Domain Backups(Backup Exec 2010)

Go to "Network... Logon Accounts" and create a new BackupExec logon account for the appropriate domain username and password.

2. Open the backup selection list and go to Resource credentials. Select each item and credential and click the Change button and select your new logon account.

In addition, it's fairly common for the BackupExec server to not belong to the same domain as the resources it's backing up or for it to backup resources in multiple domains. My BackupExec server belongs to one AD domain and happily backs up resources in another AD domain. The key is to get the Logon accounts and selection list credentials configured correctly.
    Last edited by joeqwerty; 5th March 2014, 16:09.

Comment

Thank you Joeqwerty, I appreciate your time.

I actually went through this solution when I initially joined the domain. I had failed credentials for all of the resources, which i added the user and got successful tests.

However i have these unknown resources i cant seem to work around.

Any and all advice and opinions are welcome and appreciated!
      Thank you
      Standard

Comment

Why not just create new selection lists for your jobs?

Comment

Hi all,

I just wanted to come and post my results -

I took your advice, Joeqwerty, and recreated the selection list. This worked flawlessly, and I have been backing up since. For that, I thank you Joe

Also, out of curiosity, I moved the ghost drive to the bottom of my resource credential list. Doing this caused the backup job to run successfully. If we are in resource credentials, and test the credentials, we are told they fail. The job in the monitor screen says successful.

That being said i am only using my new backup jobs.

All help is much appreciated!
          Thank you
          Standard

Comment

Working...
          X