Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on Password Never Expires

Hi everyone,
    I have been asked by my lead to do an analysis on the user account attribute "Password Never expires".
    Here's the situation:
    Our current domain account/password policy is set to 6 chars and we will be increasing the password complexity and the account lockout threshold duration too, however this is irrelevent to my question.
    We have some few users on our corporate domain whose password are set to never expires (special VIP users). I have been tasked with increasing the password and the account lockout policy. I will be setting the min password to 8.
    So if a user account currently has a password length of 6 and password set to never expire. What will happen to the user account once i edit the default domain policy? Will the user be asked to change the password to atleast 8 chars and will the "Password Never Expire" attribute stick or will it go away, reset ???
    Anyone ever came across this? Thanks.
    Regards,
    Ochen

Re: Query on Password Never Expires

The password requirements are checked only when changing a passwords.

Users will not notice the change until their current password expires and they want to change it. Or when you force the user to change password at the next log on.

The password never expires checkmark stays as it is.

/Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

I agreed with Rem...

I had the same situation. It is save to change the password policy. It will not effect the user who had the password flag set not to expired. They can keep use their currect password.
      Be caution, Do not uncheck the "Never Expired" or try to reset their password, if you do that, it will take the new password policy. You know how the Executives are .. they love to keep their password simple and forever

Comment

Originally posted by Humannetwork View Post
        I agreed with Rem...

I had the same situation. It is save to change the password policy. It will not effect the user who had the password flag set not to expired. They can keep use their currect password.
        Be caution, Do not uncheck the "Never Expired" or try to reset their password, if you do that, it will take the new password policy. You know how the Executives are .. they love to keep their password simple and forever
        ironically, they are exactly the ones who shouldn't. they usually have access to heaps of crap they don't need to have, just because "I'm the executive"
        To say nothing of all the high-level data they actually DO need (P&L, market sensitive, etc)
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
        X