Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Printer/Scanner - Scan to Folder

Hello Everyone,

We have recently upgraded our front office Printer/Scanner/Fax Machine. The old machine, we would like to use as a printer/scanner for our estimating dept, as long as we can until this printer is past the "Pages printed" to "Headaches" ratio.

The machine is a Panasonic UF-9000.

I am looking to setup a folder on my server, and have the scanner scan and send to that folder. The printer has very limited settings. In the scan options it has it sending to my servers IP Address, and to port 6509 (TCP/UDP).

I am wondering if that is what i am looking for. Is it possible to have that port on my Domain controller to forward to a folder?

Any and all advise is welcome and appreciated

Thank you
    Standard

Re: Network Printer/Scanner - Scan to Folder

Originally posted by Standard_IT View Post
    Hello Everyone,

We have recently upgraded our front office Printer/Scanner/Fax Machine. The old machine, we would like to use as a printer/scanner for our estimating dept, as long as we can until this printer is past the "Pages printed" to "Headaches" ratio.

The machine is a Panasonic UF-9000.

I am looking to setup a folder on my server, and have the scanner scan and send to that folder. The printer has very limited settings. In the scan options it has it sending to my servers IP Address, and to port 6509 (TCP/UDP).

I am wondering if that is what i am looking for. Is it possible to have that port on my Domain controller to forward to a folder?

Any and all advise is welcome and appreciated

Thank you
    Standard
    I would start by looking here

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...0&displayTab=O

In simple terms you will want the following

A user account for scanning, SCANS
    A shared folder on a server somewhere, scanned files, with SCANS having full access.
    On the printer set it up to send scans to that folder.

Comment

Re: Network Printer/Scanner - Scan to Folder

I appreciate the time and effort to direct me in the correct direction, WullieB. However i couldn't get far from that link.

I used our good friend Google

I worked my way through different drivers and utilities and found myself on the Commuications Utility.

This allowed me to connect to the printer, and the utility takes care of putting your address on the printer. You set where you want the file to go, and if you want a notification.

After setting these, I just go to the scan option on the printer, and click the down arrow until i get to my IP x.x.x.63.
      Then hit start and it scans and sends the file to the destination folder.

In conclusion, the Communication Utility, from panasonics business downloads section, is a very easy to use and configure utility to send scans to a folder on your computer or network.

Hope this helps

Standard

Comment

Working...
      X