Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The problem of moving the Domain account from node to other.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem of moving the Domain account from node to other.

Hi all:
    I have one node which just join in the doamin. Now, I want to take a new node into the domain as the orignal one. Becuase, I have not the Domain Admin right to do this.

I just using ghost clone the HD of orignal node to the new one. This method is work.

I just wonder there have another ways to do this kind of job. Make one node join to the domain as a exist node without admin right ?

I think the domain information maybe be store at the regsitry. But how can we export and import it?

Thanks

Welcome to Petri.co.il, jebtang

When you are joining a new PC to a domain, you should run SYSPREP before you clone the HD so all machine specific information is removed and you dont get two PCs with the same name.

You can assign "add machine to domain" permission to any user in AD, or you can create machine accounts in advance so no special permissions (beyond local admin) are needed

Tom
    Last edited by danielp; 10th October 2005, 12:47.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian
      Welcome to MCSEWorld, jebtang

When you are joining a new PC to a domain, you should run SYSPREP before you clone the HD so all machine specific information is removed and you dont get two PCs with the same name.

You can assign "add machine to domain" permission to any user in AD, or you can create machine accounts in advance so no special permissions (beyond local admin) are needed

Tom
      First, thank you for your reply.

The question for me is other word. I can tell you more detail. When I join into the company, IT department give me a laptop which just join into the domain of comapny. Now, I just want to using a new laptop just replace the old one. But our IT refuse to do this for me. So, I just do this with clone the HD.

After I work out, I just would there should have other ways to do this kind of work.

Comment

Working...
      X