Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Domain name from user login name

Hi,

I have Installed my AD on windows server 2008 and having a web based application hosted in IIS6 on windows server 2003. My system authenticates users from the AD.
    Problem I have is my system users need to enter domain name with the user name in order to log in successfully.

ex: username@doaminname
    or
    domain name\username

Before I installed my AD in 2008 It was in a 2003 server which was not needed to add domain name with the user name.

I don't know this is a AD problem or configuration problem in IIS.

Now i need to log in to the system without adding domain name with the user name. Help me to solve this pls.

Thanks,
    Chama

Re: Remove Domain name from user login name

I beleive it's a configuration issue on the site itself.

when you configure the authentication elements for the site, you should be able to include a default realm or domain..
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Remove Domain name from user login name

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
      I beleive it's a configuration issue on the site itself.

when you configure the authentication elements for the site, you should be able to include a default realm or domain..
      That's what I though too, but I thought that if you didn't configure a default domain that it used the domain that the IIS computer is a member of by default?

I'm curious to see if that solves it.

Comment

Working...
      X