Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to Active directory and MS Server '03 - reading materials...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Active directory and MS Server '03 - reading materials...

I am new to active directory, and windows server '03. Recently I was just made and admin of AD and I am not sure where to start. I would like some input on reading materials for AD so that I can grasp the objects and ideas AD has to offer. I would take class but, being deployed to IRAQ this is OJT (On the Job Training) and the "guru" is about as knowledgable as myself. Currently we are running some Dell servers and are about to make the migration to MS Server '03. Our section is the test bed for MS server 03 and to be honest from the little research I have done with A.D.,DNS, domain controllers, etc, just isn't indepth enought to tackle the issues we will be facing. Any and all suggestions will be welcome. ---

G.O.D. (Guy On Duty)
    "We defend the line between chaos and order, so you may sleep at ease every night."

Re: New to Active directory and MS Server '03 - reading materials...

This is exactly what you need. http://www.trainsignal.com/index.asp...WPROD&ProdID=3
    It is brilliant and will fast track you through the basics and get you up to speed on AD in a couple of days. Read the following impartial review of the AD Lab http://www.petri.com/ad_training_labs.htm (ok, not so impartial) but this product shall solve your short term knowledge deficiency. The other Labs are also more than worth having.

Sorry, sound like a salesman, but I cannot emphasis enough how good this product is.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Re: New to Active directory and MS Server '03 - reading materials...

Thanks Biggles77

G.O.D. (Guy On Duty)
      "We defend the line between chaos and order, so you may sleep at ease every night."

Comment

Working...
      X