Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insane issue, only the best could resolve. please help urgent.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane issue, only the best could resolve. please help urgent.

long story short, have an SBS 03 having various AD issues. end users experiencing issues with all AD services that are provided to client machines. nobody on Technet seems to have a clue on this.

the best bit , they have no backups by the looks of it. lawl. you really couldnt write this shit.

This is a link to my technet post where ive posted alot of information diags etc. im a new user so please add a http // social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/a52c7afb-c0bd-4d94-b363-0698373db27e/ad-on-sbs2003-issue-horrible-issue-please-help-do-not-want-to-restore
    Last edited by billo2007; 21st September 2013, 18:32.

Re: Insane issue, only the best could resolve. please help urgent.

It may well be worth paying Microsoft for support - they will work the problem until it is resolved for a fixed fee
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ye mate, i actually agree 100%. Im just very eager to impress and fix this issue.
      Im always very determined to fix issues but it almost seems i cannot even make the slightest bit of progress with this.

thanks for your quick post mate.

Comment

Part of being impressive and fixing the issue is knowing when to call in the product experts.

I'm not impressed by someone who doesn't fix a problem no matter how much effort they put into it if it's clear that they should have called for support but were too stubborn to do so.

I am impressed by someone who uses all of the tools available to them, whether or not the problem gets fixed.

Comment

I know, its also as fear of a colleague fixing it. Im an escalation.
          I thought I may be able to fix it too

cheers again

Comment

Have you also tried DCDIAG /TEST:DNS to validate DNS health?

from the other thread,
            *) The result of ipconfig /all on the DC shows just one NIC. And that NIC has a public ip address (owned to a university in Italy).
            *) The internal DNS running on the DC probably does not resolve the resource records (dcdiag fails on fsmo check) .

one may have to do with the other in one way or another

/Rems
            Last edited by Rems; 21st September 2013, 21:43.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
            and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

It's against best practices but as a test you could put 127.0.0.1 on the DNS server tab in the nic properties and then see if passes the dcdiag tests again.
              Are there any DNS forwarders setup?
              Last edited by uk_network; 22nd September 2013, 00:06.
              Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
              I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
              MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
              X