Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 2003r2 DC - windows xp pro and 7 pro sharing problems

Hi all,

I have a domain with windows 2003r2 (act as dc, dns and dhcp), the clients are windows xp pro and windows 7 pro. Every windows station have a shared folder and a printer. The stations have a local user account. When the local user logged on the station acces this shares, some of them can be accesed and others don't and when a domain user is logged on the station, all shares can be accesed. Even when a non domain client machine try to acces shares in the domain some of them can be accesed without a problem.
    My desire is to allow acces to domain stations shares only to domain clients machines no matter if it's logged a local user or a domain user.
    Every local user account have a domain account with the same user/pass. In the share permision tab, are domain users, authenticated users and everyone.
    How to configure settings on domain machines, to achieve acces only from domain clients, and can it be done by a GPO ?

Regards.

Re: windows 2003r2 DC - windows xp pro and 7 pro sharing problems

Since you have a domain, I would forget all about the local accounts and use domain ones only - you say they work as expected.

With two sets of accounts, you are making problems for yourself
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Still, how can i limit/ deny access to non domain users and machines to access shares in the local domain ? only remove the everyone acces to share?

Comment

NTFS permissions are better
        Share: Everyone FC (or if you prefer - as I do - Domain Users CHANGE, Domain Admins FC)
        NTFS: Domain users (or subgroup) MODIFY, Domain Admins FC
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

the shared folder is the same in all stations, this change can it be done by GPO?
          regards.

Comment

If you had a 2008 domain, you could push the share out with group policy preferences, but since you have 2003, they are not available.

I would do it via a startup script - there are lots of examples on
            https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sc...O9SN7AaLnoGQDw
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

thank you for all your help

Comment

Working...
              X