Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preventing radius users from using some applications

Hi,
    In some cases, users will use their own laptops to login into the domain using radius service (with wifi). But i want to prevent them from using some applications such as p2p applications and also how can I apply roaming profiles when they login using this service?
    Thanks

Re: preventing radius users from using some applications

If the computers are not domain members there is very little you can do apart from block network access.

You could block P2P ports (if there are any defined ones) but the roaming profile would need to be set up per computer (could not be rolled out using GPO) and blocking apps would be the same.

The best bet would be something like only allowing domain resource access via a terminal server session, and letting the local machine access the internet only.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

An option would be to use the RADIUS attributes to assign the user to a different VLAN if they're logging on from a non-domain joined laptop.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx

Roaming profiles would still be a problem but you can then use a firewall to control access to resources from the restricted VLAN.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Thanks Ossian and JeremyW. I will follow the provided link and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
        X