Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screener server lockdown for Win7/xp clients DFL = 2003

Hey,

I was wondering what's the best solution to lockdown a client after an idle period of 30 min.

I was wondering if the screensaver activation GPO is the best solution, and if so - what .scr files are installed by default on EVERY windows 7 installation, regardless to it's flavor (ultimate,professional, basic and so forth)

Thank you so much for your help,

Efs.

Re: Screener server lockdown for Win7/xp clients DFL = 2003

Thanks for the ample response

Comment

Originally posted by effy View Post
      Thanks for the ample response
      Please be aware that all members here give up their free time to help out and there is no QoS for responses. If someone can contribute, they will, when they are ready to.

Sarcastic posts like your last one do not help you get a response and are against both the spirit of the forums and the forum rules (helpfully linked at the top of every forum section).

If you require a quicker response, I suggest you contact Microsoft Product Support Services, who will put teams of engineers onto your particular problem and keep them there until it is solved.

Perhaps if you showed some indication of doing some of your own research, it might prompt a better response. As a hint, there is a very helpful website called that may go a long way to helping you.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Please be aware that all members here give up their free time to help out and there is no QoS for responses. If someone can contribute, they will, when they are ready to.

Sarcastic posts like your last one do not help you get a response and are against both the spirit of the forums and the forum rules (helpfully linked at the top of every forum section).

If you require a quicker response, I suggest you contact Microsoft Product Support Services, who will put teams of engineers onto your particular problem and keep them there until it is solved.

Perhaps if you showed some indication of doing some of your own research, it might prompt a better response. As a hint, there is a very helpful website called that may go a long way to helping you.
        you think you're better than me, don't you.

[MODERATOR EDIT]
        No, but I do have the power to issue a 2 Week Ban (on this occasion)
        [/MODERATOR EDIT]
        Last edited by Ossian; 7th June 2013, 20:25.

Comment

Hi, these are the default windows 7/ 8 screensavers.

Screen Saver Location
          Bubbles.scr C:\Windows\System32\Bubbles.scr
          Mystify.scr C:\Windows\System32\Mystify.scr
          PhotoScreensaver.scr (Photos) C:\Windows\System32\PhotoScreensaver.scr
          Ribbons.scr C:\Windows\System32\Ribbons.scr
          scrnsave.scr (Blank) C:\Windows\System32\scrnsave.scr
          ssText3d.scr (3D Text) C:\Windows\System32\ssText3d.scr

This is how to use a GPO to lock them down.
          http://4sysops.com/archives/set-the-...-in-windows-7/

For a single computer I have used this before.
          http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/WinOFF.php

I hope this helps.
          Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
          I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
          MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

effy you are very rude to the people trying to assist you. Remember that you are requesting our help and it's our choice to give it or not.
            I did reply before I fully read the whole post (something i'm guilty for on many occasions) but if I had read the whole post first I wouldn't have bothered.
            The points ossian made you should follow before making yourself look like a colossal asshat.
            Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
            I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
            MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Working...
            X