Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login to AD from outside

Hello everybody,

I have a little problem with my AD server, I want to connect my laptop, which is already part of my domain, from the outside but still I can not, I haven't found a solution. So I thought if it is really possible to connect from the outside? If yes, how? Is there any configuration to be done on the server and/or on the router? Do I have to buy a domain name and a public IP address?

Please help me I really need your ideas as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance (^_^)

Re: Login to AD from outside

VPN would be the easiest option

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      VPN would be the easiest option
      How? Can you please give more detail?

Comment

Originally posted by ayoubw12 View Post
        How? Can you please give more detail?
        http://bit.ly/10T8o2k

Comment

Hi ayoubw12,

Actually u have several option,

1. VPN - you must have appliance to do this like juniper or etc. Some firewall also capable to do this.

2. You need to publish your server to the internet which mean your Internal ip server must be netting with public ip.you can do this with firewall or router. But we are not encourage to do this due to security issue.

Comment

Originally posted by xargs View Post
            Hi ayoubw12,

Actually u have several option,

1. VPN - you must have appliance to do this like juniper or etc. Some firewall also capable to do this.

2. You need to publish your server to the internet which mean your Internal ip server must be netting with public ip.you can do this with firewall or router. But we are not encourage to do this due to security issue.
            yes, but not quite
            you can create a PPtP VPN using RRAS on your internal server. Then you only need to publish 1723 and GRE (47/IP)

I completely agree with you about not opening up your AD services to the internet though. Just VPN
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

If this is something you will be doing long term then get a static IP address from your ISP. Do as Tehcamel suggests and set up RRAS on a server. Use port redirection on your router to redirect the relevant VPN ports to the server hosting RRAS. Create a LMHOSTS file for yourself/others so that once you have connected via VPN you can easily browse via \\machine-name.
              A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
              X