Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AD Migration (split from hijacked thread)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD Migration (split from hijacked thread)

Hi. Trying to perform transition from Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 to Windows 2008R2/Exchange2007.

Created a test virtual environment using VmVConvertor ver 4.0.1. DCs are converted properly. I get an error message when I try to replicate DCs indicating USN Rollback. Cannot run ADPREP32 /FORESTPREP on the Schema master. It returns error the DC needs to replicate once after reboot to change schema. This cannot be done because of the USN RollBack. All the articles refer to restore AD. Unfortunately ntbackup or other backup utility don't works under DSRM on these VMs. Removed all the references of other DCs, so I only have one DC, yet cannot adprep. Can anybody help me to overcome this problem?

Re: help the replication in AD

Please do not hijack someone elses post -- I have split your one to a separate thread
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: AD Migration (split from hijacked thread)

Do a DCDIAG and verify FSMO roles exist.

Comment

Working...
      X