Display Additional AD Attributes into User Properties

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Additional AD Attributes into User Properties

Currently I use ADSIedit to enter employeeID attribute value into AD, but would like an easier way to enter this and also display an option within regular user properties window.

I guess the idea the same as adding unlock user option to dsa, http://www.petri.com/add_unlock_user_option_to_dsa.htm

Anyone know how to do this easy without complex script writing involve?

Re: Display Additional AD Attributes into User Properties

Scroll down to Bonus Material and grab the second script: http://www.kouti.com/scripts.htm

Same idea as Unlock User
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Content removed due to advertisement.

Regards,
      Guy
      Last edited by guyt; 11th January 2006, 02:02.
      Ken
      Senior Support Engineer
      Visual Click Software
      512-231-9990 x 2
      UK Support: 0800 814 1317

Comment

Ken, you are new here, so I'll be gentle: comercial advertisements are not welcome. Please refrain from doing it again or I will be forced to use the ban button - something I am far from being a fan of.
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Sorry about that Guyt, and thank you for the gentle warning.

I have tried to make an effort to be generally helpful and post in areas where I know the answer... whether it applies to the product I support or not.

I also have no interest in just blantently putting posts out there to shamelessly plug the product I support..... in this case I thought it was helpful because davidk wanted to do something without complex scripting and I was pointing him to a resource that could meet his needs.

Is there some common ground, or guidance you can give me?
          Ken
          Senior Support Engineer
          Visual Click Software
          512-231-9990 x 2

Comment

> Is there some common ground, or guidance you can give me?

Sure. No spamming! You want to sell your stuff, buy adverts.

Comment

Hehe, wait a minute. Are you sure you read the post before it was removed wkasdo? It was far from being random "spam". I was genuinly trying to help davidk.

Anyway, now the tread has been completely hijacked and for that I feel sorry. As per Guyt's recommendation I filed a feedback form. I don't want to be excluded from being able to help a guy with a problem just because I happen to be affiliated with the solution in this case.
              Ken
              Senior Support Engineer
              Visual Click Software
              512-231-9990 x 2

Comment

Ken, I'm glad we've reached a mutual understanding. We do try to be as spam and commercial free as possible, that's why your post has raised some eyebrows. As long as you follow the rules we're fine.

Have a great day.
                Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

> Hehe, wait a minute. Are you sure you read the post before it was removed wkasdo? It was far from being random "spam".

I did read it. My impression was that you were selling your product while pretending to help someone. Here you are, new to the forum, and in one of your first posts you are pushing your own commercial software! What am I to make of that?

Comment

wkasdo,
                    I was not "pretending" to do anything. I was "deliberately" trying to help davidk resolve his problem by suggesting a very fitting solution.

I do not think that I can continue to offer my expertise and be helpful within these forums if I am being prohibited from offering certain kinds of help because some people think I am only trying to give unsolicited advertisement.

This is a great forum, I've been a fan for a long time, and I respect the fact that you want to keep the environment ad free and professional. I obviously don't fault anyone for that. I was trying to be a contributing member with that in mind. You have been clear that you are extremely sensitive to anything that appears to be ad-like.

Again, I want to appologize to davidk for completely hijacking his thread. I hope he finds a solution to his questions.

Have a great day, and enjoy the upcoming weekend.
                    Ken
                    Senior Support Engineer
                    Visual Click Software
                    512-231-9990 x 2

Comment

Ken,

If you go to this length to explain yourself I guess you must be sincere. I've seen good forums go bad by allowing spam, trolls etc, so you are right to conclude that I'm allergic to that.

I'll see you around then!

Comment

Working...
                      X