No announcement yet.

Problems with lDAPDisplayName/ldifde

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Problems with lDAPDisplayName/ldifde

    We have a W2K SBS server currently the DC as well as the Exchange 2000 server. We were going to replace it with a W2003 SBS yet after running adprep on the W2K server Exchange stopped working. I than read on this site about the inetorgpersonprevent.ldf fix so I ran it and I get a error. Here is what it shows me:
    Connecting to ""
    Logging in as current user using SSPI
    Importing directory from file "inetorgpersonfix.ldf"
    Loading entries
    1: CN=secretary,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=childhavennm,DC=org
    Add error on line 3: Busy
    The server side error is "The role owner attribute could not be read."
    0 entries modified successfully.
    An error has occurred in the program
    After looking on this site I found this post and I tried to change the lDAPDisplayName manually but when I went to the CN=ms-Exch-Assistant-Name as well as the others listed the lDAPDisplayName is not there.
    I am new to this more indepth AD stuff so it might be just something simple. Any help would be very appreciated.

  • #2
    Re: Problems with lDAPDisplayName/ldifde

    Looks to me that you have run into a pre-existing problem. You don't get these errors by a schema problem.

    Can you install the Support Tools (SP4 CD) on both DC's, and run NETDIAG and DCDIAG? Have a look at any obvious errors.


    • #3
      Re: Problems with lDAPDisplayName/ldifde

      Here is the Logs from those two files. The Haven1 Server is off for now so I am not worried about that problem right now. I am trying to get the Exchange Server running again. It stoppped sending out stuff shortly after the Adprep stuff. So I don't know if that helps. It is also not letting me mount the folders do to some error.
      Thank You
      Attached Files


      • #4
        Re: Problems with lDAPDisplayName/ldifde

        I am quite sure you are facing a well known issue of mangled attributes, which is documented over here:

        I suggest that you also review the following KB to resolve the issue:

        The offending attribute that you get an error on is one of the attributes that are mangled if the upgrade steps are performed in incorrect order and the fix is documented in both KBs
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"


        • #5
          Re: Problems with lDAPDisplayName/ldifde

          I found my problem. I was copying the code from their site and left it as something else. Thank You I am going to reboot the server due to some udpates and if this works I will come back and report.
          Thank You
          Last edited by DKSlayer; 27th December 2005, 00:13.


          • #6
            Re: Problems with lDAPDisplayName/ldifde

            Well that fixed that but than I had a problem with Log files but now everything is working well.
            Thank You