DHCP settings to join clients to domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DHCP settings to join clients to domain

I have a modem-router connected to the internet, windows 2003 server and a wireless router connected to the server. The modem-router has a static IP form ISP. The server has 2 NIC. The modem-router side NIC configured with static IP from the ISP. The other NIC configured with local (“Illegal”) IP. The DHCP is configured on the server to distribute IPs from the scope with local IPs, the server IP (local interface) as DNS, WINS & DG. Client computers on the LAN can get their TCP/IP setting from the DHCP server: IP, DG, DNS and WINS.
    The problems are:
    1. Clients can not get internet access (server has internet access).
    2. When I try to join clients to the domain, I get prompted domain controller is not found.

How should I configure it, to make it work? Should I enable router on the server; should I change something in DHCP?

Re: DHCP settings to join clients to domain

Originally posted by ronenk
    I have a modem-router connected to the internet, windows 2003 server and a wireless router connected to the server. The modem-router has a static IP form ISP. The server has 2 NIC. The modem-router side NIC configured with static IP from the ISP. The other NIC configured with local (“Illegal”) IP. The DHCP is configured on the server to distribute IPs from the scope with local IPs, the server IP (local interface) as DNS, WINS & DG. Client computers on the LAN can get their TCP/IP setting from the DHCP server: IP, DG, DNS and WINS.
    The problems are:
    1. Clients can not get internet access (server has internet access).
    2. When I try to join clients to the domain, I get prompted domain controller is not found.

How should I configure it, to make it work? Should I enable router on the server; should I change something in DHCP?
    Sounds like your clients do not have the correct DNS server settings in their TCPIP settings.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: DHCP settings to join clients to domain

Have you configured routing and remote access? Youll need an otside interface and inside interface and NAT.

Comment

Working...
      X