AD / FRS issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD / FRS issue

So I have a troubling issue with a AD domain where the old PDC and original first server of the domain is not a member of any FRS set, this means that it has the only valid copy of SYSVOL and NETLOGON.

The other servers on the domain are all in a set replicating with each other, and if I manually run a replication with the old server through the GUI it says it works, but those critical folders never replicate.

I tried BURFLAGS already and that did nothing as the DC has no partners to replicate with. I tried creating a new DC and telling it to only replicate with the problem one, that didn't work.

Is there a way to join the problem DC to the existing FRS sets? Or a way to get those folders moved off that server manually into that FRS set so that I can demote and remove the old server?

To show the issue I can run NTFRSUTL DS on the problematic server and I get this result: (names change to protect the idiots)

NTFRS CONFIGURATION IN THE DS
    SUBSTITUTE DCINFO FOR DC
    FRS DomainControllerName: (null)
    Computer Name : SERVER01
    Computer DNS Name : server01.LOCAL.COM

BINDING TO THE DS:
    ldap_connect : server01.LOCAL.COM
    DsBind : server01.LOCAL.COM

NAMING CONTEXTS:
    SitesDn : CN=Sites,cn=configuration,dc=local,dc=com
    ServicesDn : CN=Services,cn=configuration,dc=local,dc=com
    DefaultNcDn: DC=LOCAL,DC=COM
    ComputersDn: CN=Computers,DC=LOCAL,DC=COM
    DomainCtlDn: OU=Domain Controllers,DC=LOCAL,DC=COM
    Fqdn : CN=SERVER01,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=LOCAL,DC=COM
    Searching : Fqdn

COMPUTER: SERVER01
    DN : cn=server01,ou=domain controllers,dc=local,dc=com
    Guid : 80ba7710-cf95-424c-87ce0a5a6615a6df
    UAC : 0x00082000
    Server BL : CN=SERVER01,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=LOCAL,DC=COM
    Settings : cn=ntds settings,cn=server01,cn=servers,cn=default-first-site-name,cn=sites,cn=configuration,dc=local,dc=com
    DNS Name : server01.LOCAL.COM
    WhenCreated : 7/3/2004 10:28:56 Pacific Standard Time Pacific Daylight Time [480]
    WhenChanged : 12/3/2012 15:52:57 Pacific Standard Time Pacific Daylight Time [480]
    SERVER01 IS NOT A MEMBER OF ANY SET!

Thanks for any help I can get!
Working...
X