Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having to re-add computers to domain to get AD login script to run

Hello all,

I am new to Petri forums so please welcome me with solutions that are easy to apply this website helped get me through my degree years ago so I have come home to roost!

Some PC's on my network are not running the login script that is specified in scriptpath in AD. I have tested it and it definitely isn't running the script at all, for some reason - unknown to me. It is worth mentioning that this network is new to me and I haven't set anything up here.

I can fix this problem by removing the PC from the domain and re-adding it. The script then runs next time I log in.

Does anybody know how I can fix this problem faster? As I have 100 computers to go around... I tried just deleting the computer from AD and re-adding it but I couldn't (don't know how) to do that properly so it wouldn't even allow the PC to log on as it wasn't recognised.

Any help would save me a lot of time and would therefore be greatly appreciated.

Guy.

Re: Having to re-add computers to domain to get AD login script to run

Its Windows Server 2003 btw

Comment

Any event logs on the server or client at all??

Ran a DCDAIG and netdiag on the server??

Comment

Could Windows Update be the culprit? What are the event logs showing when a login occurs or when the script is run manually?

Please check security settings on the file. make sure the logged in user as rights to execute the script.

Comment

Where is the script (exactly)?
          From experience, GPOs like to run scripts in their own scripts directory, not in the netlogon share or (<deity> forbid) a normal file share
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X