Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain join in RODC Site?

Hi
    I have an issue with the creation of computer accounts in a site with only one RODC. The issue is that the account gets generated on (what seems like) a random RWDC...

The infrastructure is a RODC server in site A, we have two RWDCs within the same site link (Site B) located 300 km away. But when we join a computer to the domain the computer account will be created on a RWDC in a country far-far away. If I run nltest it will show that next closest site is indeed site B... The issue we have is that it takes much longer time for the account to be replicated from the very remote sites rather than from site B, and we can't logon with the computer until the account has been replicated...

Is the domain join (and rename) function so stupid so it takes a random RWDC?
    Do we have to prepopulate the computer accounts?

Thanks for any help!

Re: domain join in RODC Site?

sites and services configured correctly?
    dns configured correctly ?
    SRV records configured correctly ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

It's of cause hard to say a confident YES to that question, but to my knowlege everything seems to be in order...

I guess my real question here is: Is my AD behaving any different from any other AD or is this a AD functionality issue that I'm experiencing?

* When joining or renaming a computer in a site with only RODCs where will the computer account be created/renamed? Is it the closest RWDC or just any RWDC?

Comment

This may help.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...=ws.10%29.aspx

DC Locator uses the following algorithm to locate a domain controller:
        • Try to find a domain controller in the same site.
        • If no domain controller is available in the same site, try to find any domain controller in the domain.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
          This may help.

DC Locator uses the following algorithm to locate a domain controller:
          • Try to find a domain controller in the same site.
          • If no domain controller is available in the same site, try to find any domain controller in the domain.
          WOW! Thanks a million! That really put me in the right direction! Not 100% sure it solved my issues yet, but it definitively feels right!

Comment

Working...
          X