AD 2008 Allow LDAP Auth via Email address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AD 2008 Allow LDAP Auth via Email address

Setting up Gwava Spam Server, it needs to authenticate to LDAP with email address and password. I can test this fine with username and password, how can i either set something in AD to allow this? Alternately i could try to query LDAP search context to look at the "mail" attribute so far this hasn't worked for me however.

Any ideas would be helpful.
    Thanks in Advance.

Re: AD 2008 Allow LDAP Auth via Email address

Originally posted by daysjewelersIT View Post
    Setting up Gwava Spam Server, it needs to authenticate to LDAP with email address and password. I can test this fine with username and password, how can i either set something in AD to allow this? Alternately i could try to query LDAP search context to look at the "mail" attribute so far this hasn't worked for me however.

Any ideas would be helpful.
    Thanks in Advance.
    I don't think you need to just set your ldap server name and it should automatically query it. if it doesn't work then try to add your server to AD.

Comment

If the domain for the email address will all be the same and all users are in Active Directory then you can just add the UPN suffix to the forest.
      http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc772007.aspx

But if it doesn't matter then you can just try authenticating by using the user's UPN.
      e.g. If the AD domain name is domain.local and the username is user1 then try using [email protected] as the "email address" for authentication from Gwava.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

There is no need to add UPN suffix (this is required only for UPN suffix routing across forest trusts). UPNs can have arbitrary suffixes. It is the ADUC limitation to display in the dropdown box only the configured UPN suffixes. If you edit the userPrincipalName attribute directly (ADSIEDIT/etc...), you can write there a UPN with any suffix you want.
        Last edited by guyt; 16th November 2012, 17:33. Reason: typos
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
        X