Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Multiple user accessing same MSAccess 2003 applicat on Active Directory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Multiple user accessing same MSAccess 2003 applicat on Active Directory

Sorry if the problem does not appear in the right forum section, i didn't know where to put it.

The company i work for have switch from Novel to Active Directory a couple of month ago.

Everything went well, but im not starting to receive complain from user about access database.

Before the access application would allow multiple users to connect to it or in some case gives an error message about 'file locked'.

But since the move, if the access application is open by someone then no one else can open it, access won't initiate at all so no error message are given.

I was told that by converting the msaccess application from access 2003 to 'compatible 2007' fixes the problem but I would like to fix the problem at its roots rather than applying a quick fix on many many access application.

Does anyone experiences this issue before.

Re: Problem with Multiple user accessing same MSAccess 2003 applicat on Active Direc

This problem occurs when i open the application.
    If the appication is not already open by someone else or even the user machine then the application opens using the normal behavior.

If the application is open 'by someone or the user machine already' then nothing happens, there is no access 2003 loading screne or error message absolutely nothing happens that would show to the user that he double-cliecked on the icon to start it ...

if i have the same file on my local machine then i can open it once, when open if i cdouble-clicke it again, it will focus on the application instance that is already open.

Comment

Working...
    X