Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in Computer name changes

Hi,
    I have 2 server machines (1) Domain Controller and (2) Exam Server. When I am trying to change the name of my second server, it gives an error.
    Attached Files

Re: Error in Computer name changes

It looks like there's a computer account for that computer name already. you need to delete the computer account and then change the name.

Comment

Or choose a different name
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ok....
        I have delete the computer name from the "Active Directory Users and Computers" from my domain controller and its working.

Comment

Presumably checking that no other computer in the domain had the same name?

Curious it didn't give you the opportunity to "use existing computer account"
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X