Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Based AD Search

Hi There,

I have been looking for a solution to this for a while.

I am in the process of creating a basic intranet as a central location for all our web based services. It is basically going to be a site with links to other resources.

One thing I would like to add to the site is an Active Directory User search facility. I would like to allow authenticated users to type a persons name or a department and click search - and for a list of results to come back to the users web page giving the name, department, phone number and email of the query.

Firstly, is this possible? secondly how can I achieve this?

The intranet is just HTML, running on Server 2008 IIS, but I am happy to look at alternative hosting if need be.

Thanks

Paul

Re: Web Based AD Search

I'm tempted to say "just install SharePoint" but that would be overkill
    There are plenty of tools and examples on
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=web...E6Sr0QWP1IHgBg

You will probably need to use ASP.NET, so plain HTML will not be quite enough, but if you have IIS, you will have no difficulty enabling it.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I did contemplate Sharepoint, even installed Foundation version, but it really is too much for what we want!!

I will have a look through the link you sent through and see what I can find, but if anyone has any code that they are willing to share that would be excellent!

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Look into AD Web Services but you'll need a 2008 r2 DC.
        http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X