Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxen processing policy that no longer exists.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxen processing policy that no longer exists.

We have a few windows multi-point servers that keep attempting to process a policy that does not exist. So they are logging an event id 1058/Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy error. I have checked in \\domain\sysvol\domain\policies\ that the GUID in quesiton does indeed not exist when I browse out to that folder.

What steps should I take? I ran dcdiag on the DC's and a gpupdate on the muilti-point server gives the "Computer policy could not be updated successfully." and keeps showing the same guid each time... seems to be only this one guid that is halting the processing on these machines.

I have also checked other workstations and servers (both win2k3 and win2k system logs to see if it is popping up anywhere else and so far does not appeart to be.

The logs on the DC's look ok and the dcdiag results did not indicate any major issues that appeared t obe related.

Anyone have any suggestions as to where else I might look to correct this issue?

thanks,
    -d

Re: Boxen processing policy that no longer exists.

This may not be appropriate with Multipoint, I'm not sure.

Try departing and rejoining the domain ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

tried that on one of them didn't help. booo
      so off to PSS since I need this working asap. I'll post the results here.

Comment

ADSI Edit was the solution... found the policy, it was pointing to a script that somehow disappeared. once I removed the link the error went away... had to then re-crate the printer policy and re-add the script.

-d

Comment

Working...
        X