• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FQDN computername in security events

Hi
    first post in this forum for me.
    I get a strange issue with 2 trusted domains
    An user member of a domaine A, open a session onto a computer member of a domain B
    The events logged on the logonserver (domain A) seams to log the computername with an incorrect FQDN

sample
    user frdt member of domain mydomain.local open a session on a machine pc-d-3261.myotherdomain.local
    On the logon server of the domain mydomain.local, I have in debug mode events who refers to a computername pc-d-3261.mydomain.local and not the correct FQDN of the machine pc-d-3261.myotherdomain.local from witch the session is opened

About DNS, the machine pc-d-3261 is correctely registred in the DNS system of his domain with the correct name pc-d-3261.myotherdomain.local

any ideas ?

Re: FQDN computername in security events

Check the PC's DNS Suffix under Advanced settings of Computer Properties, there is a more button where you change the name of the PC.

i can't a reason why else this would happen unless its by design.
    MCSE 2003; MCTS Vista; Sec+; CCNA
    Attitude Makes The Difference!
    in other words you got to WANT to do it..

Comment

thanks for this respons
      about network configuration of the workstation, all is made by dhcp and the dns suffix is correct

fr

Comment

Are these domains in different forests? you mention trusts but i'm not sure if that is what you mean, could you please verify if they domains are in different forests or in the same forest.

Does "pc-d-3261" resolve with both DNS suffix's mydomain.local and myotherdomain.local on the DC of domain A to the same IP?

Ping -a x.x.x.x on the DC what hostname is resolved?

What is the exact DNS server configuration of the DC in Domain A, any delegated Zones or stubzones?

do you have a reverse lookup zone for Domain B?

Thanks.
        MCSE 2003; MCTS Vista; Sec+; CCNA
        Attitude Makes The Difference!
        in other words you got to WANT to do it..

Comment

Working...
        X