Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloud Services - Active directory?

Hi,
    We are setting up a test lab for hosted cloud services. The idea was that we have a single Domain Controller, with a OU for each company, and when the search for users - they only see members of that OU.

I dont understand how exactly we would go about setting this up. For example.

We have a DC, domain is cloud.local
    within there are 2 OU's.
    Fix
    Metal

users of Fix should only be able to see users and groups from Fix OU. and vise versa for Metal.

One way around this is to create a DC for each user, but seems a unnessercy overhead if we were to get 10-15 on there.

I have bee advised I could use a single forest - and then under that have multiple domains. Although i seem to have hit a stumbling block about just how this works.

Will i need to resetup my entire domain (cloud.local) because i need to have mutiple domains? My machines currently are all attached to this domain and it would be time consuming to re setup and configure these to seperate domains, or would the cloud.local be parent domain, with child domains of fix.local and metal.local - and then their cloud machines would infact connect through?

I normally support single domain companies, so all of this just seems to confuse me beyond belief!

Perhaps i should forget active directory all together and use something else?

Re: Cloud Services - Active directory?

Why not using a DC for each tenant?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Probably need to know exactly what you're wanting to offer and what the requirements for these different companies are first?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

No need to setup your domain again. Just setup child domains.

What OS are you running?? Its not mentionoed, that i can see anyway.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Pretty much the machines are going to be VDI machines. so installing a domain controller per client is not ideal.

For example:

4 members of the the OU the fix should not be able to see any members of the OU Metal when they go to add permissions.

Only see themselves.

Child domains would still allow connection across through their parent domain I thought?

Comment

Sorry, the DC's are windows server 2008 r2

Comment

Working...
            X