Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable login with user in child domain

Hi all,
    I installed a network with an Active Directory and some child domains. Now when I want to log in to a child with a username which defined in master domain I have to user domain name. for example I set ftp username authentication group FTPDomaingroup which allocated some users in domain1 such as ftpuser1, and ftp site is located in web.domain1 (child domain). Then when I want to log in to ftp for uploading I have to use [email protected] If I use ftpuser1, it cannot connect.
    How I can set my domain policy in order to use only ftpuser1 without use domain name.
    Cheers
    Kamal

Re: unable login with user in child domain

So you have:

Domain.com
    web1.domain.com (Child)

you have installed Microsoft FTP on a server1.web1.domain.com
    You have configured FTP to use authentication, and require that FTPUsers belong to the group "FTPDomainGroup"

What scope does this group have, and what domain is it in?

FTPUser1 exists in domain.com correct?
    What happens if you create FTPUser2 and put it in web1.domain.com domain and then try authenticating ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: unable login with user in child domain

Hi,
      Thank you for your answer. Yes, That is true. If I create that user I can use it without any @.... but if I create user in Parent Domain I have to use @Domain1 Because I use map user in my topology for some applications I need to set policy to user only username without domain name and by FTP I can check it. This is a my problem.l
      Thank you,
      Kamal

Comment

Working...
      X